LesBian Empowerment in Business (LesBizz)
Making lesbian women in business more visible to each other and to others, strengthen their business and personal network
“How many LesBian women do you know at work or amongst your clients?”
Research has shown that about 5 to 10% of a population is considered LGBT. This means that in the Netherlands alone we are talking about almost 1 million women
So who and where are these women?
We thought it high time to address this topic within the framework of Workplace Pride. This platform is built upon 3 pillars:
- Connect and Strengthen - Provide & facilitate opportunity for women to connect with and learn from each other, which includes events and a Mentoring program.
- Education & Awareness – What does it mean to be a lesbian in a work environment. Where are our challenges & needs different from e.g. gay men or straight women.
- Visibility – with the 'L-Women at Work' theme as a catalyst.
What you can do!
- Become a member of our community on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. (Workplace Pride for everyone, and LesBizz community specifically for women)
- Get your girl friends to join in
- Send your suggestions for increasing visibility to: email@example.com
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with activities you’d like to organize or other great ideas